Loctite 518 Gasket Sealant
Loctite 518 cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It is an anaerobic gasketing material designed for use on rigid iron, aluminum, and steel flanged mating surfaces.
Loctite 518 Gasket Sealant fills gaps up to 0.25mm and forms a flexible, chemical-resistant seal that will not tear or decay. Parts disassemble easily, even after extended service. Typical applications include sealing close-fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. It is also used as a formed-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections, e.g. transmissions and motor housings.
- Semi-flexible, medium-strength anaerobic flange gasket
- Easy to automate
- Reduces process costs – eliminates manual assembly of conventional gaskets
- NSF P1 Reg. No. 123758
- For active and inactive rigid metal flanges
- Cures through minor surface contamination
- Adapts to flange surface irregularities and gaps up to 0.25 mm
- Gel-type consistency
- Seals instantly against low pressure
- Reduces inventory costs – no need for large inventory of cut gaskets
- Resists high pressure when fully cured
- No compression set or misaligned gaskets
- Color: Red
- Fixture Time: 25.0 min.
- Lab Shear Strength: 7.5 N/mm²
- Specific Gravity, @ 25.0 °C:1.1
- Storage Temperature: -40.0 °C
- Substrates: Metal: Aluminum
- Viscosity, Brookfield – HBT, @ 25.0 °C Spindle TC, speed 0.5 rpm, Helipath: 3000000.0 – 4500000.0 mPa·s (cP)
- Viscosity, Brookfield – HBT, @ 25.0 °C Spindle TC, speed 5.0 rpm, Helipath: 500000.0 – 1000000.0 mPa·s (cP)