Loctite 638 Retaining Compound
Loctite 638 Retaining Compound is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts, particularly with narrow bond gaps approaching 0.25 mm. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. It not only works on active metals but also on passive substrates, exhibiting robust cure performance. The product offers high-temperature performance and good oil tolerance, and tolerates minor surface contaminants.
- High temperature resistance
- Tolerates minor contaminants, including industrial oils
- High strength on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel)
- Ideal for shafts, gears, pulleys and similar cylindrical parts
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123010
- DVGW Approval (EN 751-1): NG-5146AR0619
- WRAS Approval (BS 6920): 0511518
- Agency Approvals/Specifications: NSF P1 Reg No: 123010, DVGW (EN 751-1): NG-5146AR0619, WRAS (BS 6920): 0511518
- Color: Green
- Fixture Time: 4.0 min.
- Gap Fill: 0.25 mm
- Substrates: Metal: Steel