Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Sealant
Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Sealant is a fast-drying, metallic copper sealant that helps dissipate heat, prevents gasket burnout and improves heat transfer. It seals instantly and fills minor surface irregularities and hot spots. Resists all types of automotive fluids, especially gasoline, and has a temperature range of -50 degrees Fahrenheit to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Suggested applications include cylinder head gaskets, carburetor gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets and other high temperature applications.
- Contains metallic copper to improve heat transfer and eliminate hot spots
- Remains tacky to allow gasket repositioning
- Works in temperature from -50°F and 500°F
- Resists shop fluids, including gasoline
- Fills surface imperfections
- Automobile – Cylinder head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, and other high temperature applications.
- Motorcycle – Cylinder head gaskets, carburetor gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets and other high temperature applications.
Shake well with repeated agitation. Hold can 6-10 inches away from surface, depending on width of target area. All surfaces can be pre-coated in advance for convenience. Apply to flange surfaces, both sides of gasket and bolt threads. Wait 30 seconds between coats to allow surface to become tacky.
- Chemical Type: Phenolic
- Appearance: Metallic copper film
- Odor: Solvent
- Flash Point: Aerosol, contents under pressure, consult MSDS
- NFPA 704 Flammability Rating: 4 (Highly Flammable)