Permatex Dielectric Grease 81150
Permatex Dielectric Grease 81150 is a silicone dielectric compound whose dielectric and lubricitous properties facilitate and improve tune-ups. The compound prevents voltage leakage around any electrical connector thereby insuring a strong spark in high energy automotive ignition systems. The
compound is an excellent lubricant on rubber, plastic and ceramic surfaces and it also has good high temperature properties, thus preventing fusing of spark plug boots to the spark plug. It will make installation of the boots easier.
- Protects electrical connections and wiring from salt, dirt and corrosion
- Prevents voltage leaks around any electrical connection
- Extends the life of bulb sockets
- Required for modern, high energy ignition systems
- Prevents spark plugs from fusing to boots
- All electrical connections, spark plug boots, trailer hitches.
- Make sure ignition system is off.
- Clean surface with Permatex Contact Cleaner.
- Coat both parts of terminal contact with Dielectric Grease.
- Reassemble, maintaining metal-to-metal contact.
- Chemical Type: Silicone dielectric compound
- Appearance: Slightly translucent white
- Specific Gravity: 1.03
- Temperature Range: -65 to 400 ( -54 to 204)
- Flash Point ºC (ºF): >260 (>500)