Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 2 Sealant
Permatex Form-A-Gasket No. 2 Sealant is a black, viscous paste with a characteristic alcoholic odor. It is a slow drying, flexible setting paste that changes to a pliable, non-hardening
film through solvent evaporation. It seals flanges, fittings, connections and flexible assemblies against leakage. It increases the reliability of gasket seals.
- Improves reliability
- Extends gasket life
- Stops leakage
- Excellent for metal to metal assemblies
- Slow drying
- Flexible setting
- Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C)
- Resists gasoline, oil and grease.
- Automobile – Valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets
- Marine – Valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets
- Clean surfaces thoroughly.
- Pierce top.
- Apply a thin, even film toboth mating surfaces.
- Air-dry a few minutes until film becomes “tacky.”
- Assembleand tighten into position.
- Wipe excess clean.
NOTE: To remove sealant from hands, use isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol.
- Chemical Type: Modified resin, fillers & alcohol
- Appearance: Black paste
- Odor: Alcohol
- Specific Gravity: 1.5
- Viscosity: Viscous paste
- Flash Point, TCC, °C (°F): Does not apply