Permatex Maximum Temperature Thread Sealant
Permatex maximum temperature thread sealant 56750 (50ml) is formulated for fast, responsive curing on metal pipe threads and fittings. This sealant is a smooth, white paste-like compound that controls lubricity to assist assembly and torque tightening. Permatex maximum temperature thread sealant replaces tapes or pipe dopes. It cures rapidly to withstand 10000 psi within 24 hr. Prevents galling and protects mated threaded surfaces from rust and corrosion. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. This product may not be compatible with some thermoplastic materials.
- Quick fixture time
- Prevents galling and corrosion
- Controlled strength and contains PTFE
- Temperature and solvent resistance
- Immediate low pressure sealing
Recommended for sealing metal tapered pipe threads and fittings up to 5cm (2 inches) National Pipe Thread (NPT) for industrial applications in the chemical processing, petroleum refining, pulp/paper, waste treatment, textile, utilities/power generation, marine, automotive, industrial equipment, gas compression and distribution industries. It is also recommended for industrial plant fluid power systems.
- Stainless steel fittings
- Head bolts into through holes
- Oil PSI sending units/sensors
- Fuel fittings
- Oil and coolant lines
- Hydraulic line fittings
- Brake fittings
- Transmission fluid fittings
- PTO fittings
- Air conditioning fittings
- For best performance, surfaces should be clean and free of grease.
- Product should be applied to the thread engagement area in sufficient quantity to fill all engaged threads.
- Use accepted trade practices to assemble and wrench-tighten fittings until proper alignment is obtained.
- This product performs best in thin bond gaps (0.05mm).
- Very large thread sizes may create large gaps that will affect cure speed and strength.
- For maximum pressure and solvent resistance, allow at least 24 hours for the product to fully cure before filling and pressurizing system.
- This product is designed to give controlled friction (torque/tension ratio) during assembly.
- Chemical Type – Methacrylate ester
- Appearance -White opaque paste
- Odor – Acrid
- Specific Gravity – 1.10
- Viscosity (cP) – 300,000
- Flash Point (T.C.C.) °F – >200
- Chemical resistance – Gasoline, oil, water, glycol, hydraulic fluid, freon