Permatex Thread Sealant with PTFE
Permatex Thread Sealant with PTFE is a fast acting paste/lubricant designed to seal pipes, fittings and threaded connections against leakage and loosening. Seals pressure to working rating of pipe in air, oil, gas and hydraulic systems. Lubricates threads for quick, easy assembly and disassembly. Prevents galling and corrosion. Will not tear or shred like tapes. Remains pliable through a wide temperature range and outperforms other pipe dopes.
- Economical general-purpose fitting sealant
- Outperforms tapes and pipe dopes; remains pliable at higher and lower temperatures
- Seals and resists pressure in air, oil, diesel fuel and hydraulic systems; resists common auto and shop fluids
- Temperature Range: -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C)
- Suggested Applications: Air conditioning fittings, temperature sending fittings, and hydraulic fittings
- Flash point: 24.0 degrees_celsius
- Automobile – Air conditioning fittings, temperature sending fittings, and hydraulic fittings
- Threads must be free of dirt and corrosion.
- Apply to male threads.
- Force sealant into the thread grooves with brush or spatula.
- Assemble parts.
- Adjustments can be made up to 24 hours after application without damage to seal.
- Remove excess wet sealant by wiping with a dry cloth. Dried sealant can be peeled off.
- Chemical Type – Polymeric material
- Appearance – White, smooth paste
- Odor – Slight alcohol
- Specific Gravity @ 77ºF – 1.12
- Viscosity – Paste
- Flash Point, TCC, ºF – 74
- 16oz (80633)