Permatex Ultra Blue Multipurpose Gasket Maker
Permatex Ultra Blue Multipurpose Gasket Maker is designed specially for high-torque and high vibration applications, like those common in import engines, this premium RTV gasket maker exceeds manufacturers performance requirements.
- OEM specified
- Sensorsafe, low odor, and noncorrosive.
- Maximum vibration resistance, with outstanding resistance to oils, cooling and shop fluids.
- Guaranteed not to leak.
- Temperature range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent.
- Automobile – Valve covers, oil pans, and timing covers.
- Marine – Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake & Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size gaskets are best formed using a 1/16″ to 1/4″ (2 to 6 mm) bead.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately. Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- Silicone dries in 1 hour, and fully cures in 24 hours. Allow more time in cold or very dry conditions.
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with dry cloth or Permatex® Fast Orange® Hand Cleaner. Clean tools with nonflammable cleaning fluid.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.
- Chemical Type: Oxime silicone rubber
- Appearance: Blue non-sag paste
- Odor: Low odor
- Specific Gravity: 1.3
- Viscosity: Thixotropic paste
- Extrusion rate @ 25°C, (grams/min): 880
- Flash Point °C (°F): >93 (>200)