Permatex Undercoating dries to a firm, flexible, tack-free film, has good abrasion resistance and effective sound-deadening properties. Protects fenders, frames, fuel tanks, door panels, rocker panels, hoods and firewalls against moisture, road salt and corrosion. Won’t sag or drip. Sound-proofs and insulates. Body shop proven. Level 3
- Resists chipping
- Insulates and soundproofs
- Will not sag or drip
- Automobile – Wheel wells, rocker panels, frames and underbody, body repairs, rust holes, tree pruning, driveway cracks, minor roof repairs, and post preserver.
Tap bottom of can to loosen agitator ball. If ball does not loosen, shake can until agitator ball is heard. Shake can for at least five (5) minutes after hearing agitator ball. For best adhesion, apply only to clean, dry surfaces. Apply a uniform coating, holding can 10 to 12 inches from surface. Multiple thin coats are most effective allowing 15 to 20 minutes between coats (shake well before reapplying). Allow to dry for 24 hours. Avoid application of any undercoating or rust proofing materials closer than 12 inches to any part of exhaust system or catalytic converter. NEVER spray directly onto exhaust system or catalytic converter. For cleanup, use mineral spirits or kerosene. This product is NOT considered paintable.
- Chemical Type: Asphalt
- Appearance: Brown/Black liquid film
- Odor: Petroleum
- Flash Point: Aerosol, contents under pressure, consult MSDS
- NFPA 704 Flammability Rating 4: (Highly Flammable)