Copaltite High Temperature Sealing Compound (5 OZ)
Copaltite High Temperature Sealing Compound is used for threaded connections and machined surfaces. It is a smooth paste that is easily spreadable. Although normally used without gaskets, Copaltite Liquid makes an excellent gasket dressing.
- Effective in temperature range from -315° F to 1500° F.
- Cures quickly when heat of at least 300° F is applied.
- Possesses Anti-seize properties for very high temperature applications.
- Low shrinkage and coefficient of expansion.
- Easy separation of joints after extended use at extremely high temperature and/or pressure.
- Resists most chemicals. Copaltite is used on lines containing steam, ammonia, hydrocarbons, refrigerants, hydraulic fluids, propane, brine, acids, and mild alkalis.
- Adheres to metals, ceramics, rubber and most plastics.
- Withstands severe vibrations and thermal shock.
- Completely meets Navy test requirements for use on marine turbines at 1200 PSI and 950° F (MIL-S-15204D).
- Copaltite sealants consistently out perform other high pressure and high temperature pipe dopes.
Used successfully on
- Steam joints at 2,000 psi and 1200° F
- Flanges without gaskets up to 6,500 psi
- Threaded joints at 10,000 psi
- Steam turbines
- Heat exchangers
- Pressure vessels
- Pressure gas lines
- Refrigeration lines
- Hydraulic systems